The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices & billing statements to clients, check, cash receipts etc. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Tag and monitor fix assets
- Issue invoices to clients
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all accounts
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements , reports liaising with accountant and collating query list of transactions to be emailed to client
- Responsible in preparing budgets and financial statements and also business activity statements.
- Responsible for processing of payroll; processing of employee pays etc.
- Assemble information for auditing
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system; coordinate sales with sales team
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
The bookkeeper candidate should have a degree in accounting business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles, Payroll and Treasury.
Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST send their resumes to [email protected], please use Bookkeeper as the subject.