Location: Cebu or Manila
As a WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for building themes, plug-ins and customizing wordpress website projects.
- Develop new sites using WordPress
- Assist the Lead Developer in shaping and implementing the WordPress platform strategy for the business
- Collaborate closely with the Lead Developer focusing on the scaling and resilience of Future’s high profile and high-traffic WordPress sites
- Create bespoke plug ins and developing modules for WordPress
- Maintain existing sites
- Liaise and interface with clients & stakeholders
- Document technical and functional specifications
- Provide technical consultancy services to stakeholders
- Liaise with IT and Systems departments to put best practice, QAT and platform appraisal processes into place.
- Ensure that we meet commercial ‘go-live’ deadlines
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP
- Documented experience in delivering websites using WordPress, understanding its strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with the tools surrounding WordPress : MySQL, Memcached, Nginx.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins and themes
- Experience with parent themes, caching systems (WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache etc.),
- Have worked in a structured, team-based environment, and understand good software engineering practices
- Grasp of the full web-stack, from relational database to working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Understand issues surrounding analysis, tuning, scalability, high availability and concurrency of the
- WordPress platform and hosting infrastructure and work alongside the wider operations team towards these goals
- B.S. in Computer Science or any equivalent course.
- At least 1 year experience in wordpress development.
- Be able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving – paying close attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication ability covering all routine activities and contacts
- Be able to absorb, rapidly, new technical information as required
- Be able to competently plan, schedule and monitor their own work
- Be familiar with, and be able to use as directed, all applicable tools, methods, procedures and standards
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected],